Friday 30 March 2012

Cluing up..

I presented again today in class, and it looks like my piece for the Ora Ensemble will be finished by the end of the weekend (although I'm sure adjustments and tweaking could go on forever!) I'm looking at it right now and although it's always fun to be writing, sometimes putting in that last bar just feels awesome.

Class feedback has been so useful for this piece.. I really feel like it has come together in a large part due to constructive comments. I got some good tips for the "climax" of the piece - the trill is a good way to add tension, but it originally only lasted two bars and didn't actually swell to the arrival. It was also suggested that the piano and flute keep their interplay, and increase the rhythmic interaction between them to the climax. With these edits, this section is already sounding much better and clearer in intent.

Off to do some finishing touches!

No comments:

Post a Comment